- Lisa A. Bryant and Julia Marin Hellwege. Working Parents Represent: How Parenthood Influences the Legislative Agenda of Members of Congress. Book Manuscript. Preparing for proposal submission.
- Julia Marin Hellwege. “When Your State Legislature “Looks” Like You: The Heterogeneous Effects of Collective Descriptive Representation on State Legislative Approval” Under review.
- Thomas Mrozla and Julia Marin Hellwege. “Gender Composition and Agency Decision-making: Female Officers’ Effect on Bodyworn Camera Acquisition.” Under review.
- Gerrish, Ed and Julia Marin Hellwege. “Strategic Behavior in State Multi-Member Districts: Does Fielding One Candidate Offer a Notable Advantage?” Under review.
- Julia Marin Hellwege. “Going the Extra Mile: Surrogate Activities of State Legislators”. Preparing for submission.
- Bryant, Lisa A. and Julia Marin Hellwege. 2019. “Working Mothers Represent: How Children Affect the Legislative Agenda of Women in Congress”. American Politics Research. Vol. 47(3): 447-470.
- Diamond-Welch, Bridget K., Julia Marin Hellwege, and Olivia Mann. Forthcoming. “Blame Avoidance & Transgender Individuals’ Attributions About Rape: Unpacking Gendered Assumptions in Defensive Attribution Research”. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Marin Hellwege, Julia. Forthcoming. “Left to Their Own Devices: A Student-Centered Approach to Civic Engagement”. Journal of Political Science Education.
- Kimberly R. Huyser, Jillian Medeiros, Vickie Ybarra, Julia Marin Hellwege, and Lisa M. Sanchez. 2018. “Differential Influence of the Great Recession on Political Participation among Race and Ethnic Groups”. Social Science Quarterly. Vol. 99 (2):512-523.
- Julia Marin Hellwege, Jeremy Bowling, and Andrew Gonzalez. 2017. “Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines and Across the Campus: Track Summary”. PS: Political Science & Politics. Vol. 50(3):849-851.
- Julia Marin Hellwege and Christine M. Sierra. “Advantages and Disadvantages for Latina Officeholders: The Case of New Mexico”. 2016. In Latinas in American Politics: Shaping the Future of American Politics. Navarro, Sharon A., Samantha L. Hernandez & Leslie A. Navarro, eds. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Julia Marin Hellwege. 2014. “Review Essay on Women’s Legislative Representation”. Politics, Groups, and Identities. Vol. 2 (4).